Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shipping larger items to California

Shipping larger items to California 3 months 1 week ago #1786

I’m a first timer and want to purchase a lot of larger items and need advise on how/where to get the, picked up and shipped back home to Southern California. On another trip in Texas recently I found several local trucks willing to travel and pick up items purchased and arrange for shipping. Does anyone have advise.? Name ? Number ? $$$??
Thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shipping larger items to California 1 month 4 weeks ago #1865

• Big Poppa
  • Fresh Boarder
I don’t know about people in trucks coming to get your items but the best service on shipping bulky items is the Fastenal company. They will take items at their store locations and ship to a store near you. Two caveats though. For the Tennessee area the only locations along the route are in Crossville and Chattanooga. The other is that the items need to be in a crate or on a pallet that can be handled by a forklift. The store staff are very helpful though. Go to their website for more info by searching “fastenal 3pl shipping” and clicking on their site.

Shipping larger items to California 1 month 4 weeks ago #1867

• Big Poppa
  • Fresh Boarder
I looked up the website and checked the item restrictions. Looks like anything potentially fragile is on their prohibited list. Too much liability for breakage so it might not work for you. I have shipped several of those items in the past but they may have updated the list since then.
https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/blue-lane-freight-3pl-(third-party-logistics)
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds