Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: First-timer

First-timer 3 years 2 months ago #916

• revzwif
  • Fresh Boarder
This is my first time attending the Longest Yard Sale, and I'm excited. We are starting in Cincinnati, is there any tidbits someone
can give me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First-timer 3 years 1 month ago #918

• bluewatercowgirl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I've never done the sale in Ohio, as I concentrate mostly in TN, but I'm sure it's the same in most areas. Prepare to be overwhelmed when you first get started.....sales are EVERYWHERE! This will be my 6th year of doing it, and I found that if I made motel reservations about 2 1/2 hours apart, that it gave me plenty of time to shop and not feel stressed to get to the motel. If pressed for time, I learned to stop at places where a number of vendors are set up.......I do the quick "walk through," going in the tents that have something that looks interesting. You cannot see it all, so learn to pick and choose. On the "forum" here there is a list of suggested items to bring....water, snacks, packing materials, etc. It is a great list to go by. Be patient with traffic, as it can be a bit hectic at times (leave the grumpy aunt back home!) It can get VERY hot, prepare for that, and most years it has rained at least one day.....but the "show goes on!" The most important thing to remember is that there are no rules, keep an open mind, scrounge around for those good deals, and HAVE FUN!
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin, ldyffp@hotmail.com

First-timer 3 years 1 month ago #925

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Here's the Yardsalers Packing Checklist bluewatercowgirl suggested.

First-timer 2 years 9 months ago #1254

• Hoosiers
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you so much for this list, so HELPFUL! :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds