Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done?

Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done? 3 years 3 months ago #751

• Cukes123
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Can Kentucky and Tennessee be done in 4 days? Cincinnati to Chattanooga? Places to stay? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done? 3 years 3 months ago #752

• hattrick6898
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Realistically I don't think you could do all of Kentucky and Tennessee in 4 days. Some areas are filled with lots of sellers and it takes hours to go through some of these large selling areas. That much travel would mean you'd have to pick and choose which places to stop at. The farther south in Tennessee you get the traffic becomes more congested and will take you much longer to navigate through (especially on Saturday and Sunday). Our experience has been to plan on 100 miles a day and feel lucky if you made 50. We spent a whole day in Crossville, TN last year and we didn't hit 1/2 of the sales we saw because of the sheer numbers and the congested traffic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HSOY, Cukes123

Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done? 3 years 3 months ago #754

• Cukes123
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks hattrick 6898. In your opinion Would Kentucky or Tennessee be a better choice?
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Cukes123. Reason: Correction

Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done? 3 years 3 months ago #755

• hattrick6898
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Our personal preference is Kentucky. It's a little slower pace and not as congested as Tennessee. A lot really depends on what you're looking for. I feel you'll see more antique dealers in TN and there will be a lot more of that style inventory available. Our experience is KY has more traditional garage sales but there will be many professional vendors as well. The last 2 years we have focused on Frankfort, KY to Crossville, TN. My wife and I have decided to do the same route but we won't be heading as far south - probably just beyond Jamestown, TN. We start on Tuesday and spend 5 days shopping this route. I'm sure I left out a lot but if there is anything else you have questions about feel free to join our facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/700468520026960/?ref=bookmarks

Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done? 3 years 3 months ago #756

• Cukes123
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you so much for the valuable info and fb link! Just requested to join group. The hubby and I are very excited about this year's trip, will concentrate on Kentucky this time and enjoy! Will shoot for Tennessee next year.

Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done? 3 years 2 months ago #760

• BEAR1369
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi My Friend and i started in Gadsden al and in 3 days only made about 40 miles, ended up close to Pikeville .That is where we will start this year and head to Jamestown and into Kentucky,This time we will be doing all the days as there was so much of what we were looking for, how is that route and does anyone use a cheap shipping company to ship back to Colorado,Passed on a lot of big items last year, I am looking for old Medical items from 1800s, Surgical, Bottles Civil War

Thanks For Any Help Scott
The following user(s) said Thank You: HSOY

Can Kentucky and Tennessee Be Done? 3 years 1 week ago #877

• Clows
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree we liked Kentucky, but really love Tennessee arrange especially signal mtn area, there seemed to be more vendors last year, also it was pretty rainy last year. Plus signal mtn is a beautiful drive!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds